If you’re looking to get rid of rats in your garden, here’s a few rat control tips to help you along the way.
- Inspect your garden regularly for signs of rats, such as droppings or burrows
- Keep your garden free of debris and clutter where rats can hide
- Trim back any overgrown vegetation to deny rats shelter
- Store all food, including pet food, in tight-fitting containers
- Pick up any fallen fruit from trees and remove any other potential sources of food
- Seal up any openings into your home that might provide access to rats
- Set rat traps baited with cheese or peanut butter in areas where you have seen rat activity
- Use poison bait sparingly and only as a last resort, taking care to keep it away from children and pets
- If you have a bird feeder in your garden, keep it clean and free of spilled seed
- Call in professional help if you are unable to get rid of rats yourself
Following these tips should help you control the rat population in your garden.If you are having trouble getting rid of rats, or if you have a large infestation, you may need to call in professional help. Pest control companies can provide effective solutions for getting rid of rats in your garden.